Thursday, April 17, 2003


  • What: Treadmill walk
  • Duration: 20 minutes
  • Distance: 1 mile
  • Ave Speed: 2.5 mph
  • Ave Heart Rate: 121
  • Steps: 2165
  • Calories: 98


Not a pleasant walk -- slept badly, ankles still ache, and I was hit my a sneezing fit that wouldn't quit. I really need to make an allergist appointment and get back on shots. The summer is going to suck for breathing if I don't. I don't know how I'm going to make it through class today... ugh. I took a peek at my Daily Biorhythm and they confirm no energy and a dull mind. I am just too full of snot to be perky.


Progress Prompts: What are your hobbies? Are they activity- or passivity-based? What were your hobbies as a kid?


As a kid? Reading, writing letters, and then b&w photography. And games, mainly cards. All pretty passive -- I wasn't especially interested in physical things or sports. Lived in my head a lot. As an adult? Reading is still number one, and I still like writing letters and photography but the games are now mainly computer games against Paul rather than gin rummy against my mother. But you can also add cooking and crochet as two more passive passtimes. And then fitness/exercise as a hobby -- I dabble in different things -- right now my biggest enthusiasms are water aerobics and presidential sports awards. I don't think people change a while lot as they age -- maybe evolve a bit, expand to include new things, but your basic tastes still stay the same.


Weigh-In Wednesday: Who do you look up to in regards to health and fitness issues?


Ugh. I can't answer this question if you expect me to list some celebrity type person. I am so out of touch with popular culture I can't think of many by name. I don't read many magazines, I hate my local paper, I never watch TV at home, and radio? Forget it!

Although if you are going to hold a gun to my head, I'm going to say the women pictured in the Title 9 Sports catalog. Apart form the fact that I love, love, love this catalog and the clothes in it, I like that they show pretty normal, active, healthy women as models. I think this is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment