Friday, January 02, 2004

So of course, with New Year's, the resolutionists, the ads, the books, the media... it's all back. The whole diet/weight loss season is open again. I can't imagine what my gym must look like. Or rather I can, and I am thrilled not to be there. This stuff doesn't seem to calm down until March or so. By then I'll be post baby and hopefully getting my ok to exercise 6 weeks or so after birth. But I'm thinking a lot about postpartum lately.


Buff Moms-to-Be : The Complete Guide to Fitness for Expectant Mothers was sort of neat -- saw that at Borders this afternoon... it's a relatively new book. I'm glad there's more maternal fitness stuff becoming available -- most of what I'd seen is not so great and the good ones few and far between. I'm not sure what I'll find for post-partum fitness.


I came across an article about States Look to Combat Obesity With Laws. Really the only law I want to see passed is full nutrition info listed for all restaraunt food either at websites or in brochures for any customer who wants to know. Such a pain in the ass trying to find it out sometimes. Grr.


Another article was talking about portion sizes and its impact on obesity. Again -- I just wish there was a law to have nutrition info/exchange info on ALL things. Right now it's just most things. Also would be much more handy for me if things were packaged in diabetic exchange size instead of bottles of drinks having 2+ servings per bottle... but hey, I can measure things out if I have to. Just give me the nutritional info!


But really -- I think it boils down to personal choices. You either care about your health and what you are eating or you don't. No amount of govt. intervention is going to change people's habits. Only people can change people's habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment