Saturday, January 24, 2004

Slept so-so last night. When I was actually sleeping it was nice, deep sleep. The rest of the time I was being smooshed to death by baby. Def. lower, def. heavy down low in my womb, def. a pain to roll over, get up, get around.

We were going to leave off doing groceries til tonight after we cleaned up some of the house but when I got up I told Paul I had a feeling it would be better if we did it now at lunch time. He's sick too and he likes Advil more than Tylenol so I want to make sure he has it.

Mom B. said she'd call when they all got to WV later today. The viewing is tomorrow and the funeral on Monday.

6:39 PM
Got up from nap. Going to tidy the house in a bit and sort out the shopping. We got denim tab top curtain at Bed, Bath and Beyond for our bedroom to block out the street lamp now that the bed is under the side window. The blinds get a lot but light still creeps in through the cracks of the slats and keeps us awake.

Then Target where we spent our two baby shower gift cards. We got a curtain rod, crib sheets, blankets, a duck rattle, a spanish nursery song book, a little outfit for our great niece's birthday later in the month, a new shower curtain, a lamp for the nursery that's got a wooden base and a white shade with flowers embroidered on it, and I'm sure more for the house but I can't recall what. The gift cards covered half the bill so that was good. Now I don't have to worry about losing them before I can spend them.

Off to the bank to deposit a check, then Chili's for lunch. Then the grocery store to get mini groceries (milk, cereal, drinks) and home again, home again, jiggety jig.

I actually said that in the car on the way home and Paul and I had some puzzlement over the lyrics to that because he said it was "hog" and "jog" and not "pig" and "jig." I said there was more than one verse and "pig" came first and then the "hog" and then a "plump bun" when the "marketing's done." He said he never heard of other verses and stuck to the "hog."

I found a version online but neither of us knew it this way with a "dog" and "a sweet bun."

To Market [chant]

To the market, to the market, to buy a fat pig.
Home again, home again, jiggety jig.

To the market, to the market, to buy a fat dog.
Home again, home again, jiggety jog.

To the market, to the market, to buy a sweet bun.
Home again, home again, the market was fun.


At any rate, there's definitely a pig because all the other versions had the "pig" even if the "hog" and the type of "bun" might be different. So there. We jiggety jigged home!

No comments:

Post a Comment