Monday, March 31, 2003


  • What: upper body weights
  • Duration: 57 minutes
  • Ave Heart Rate: 102
  • Calories: 198




Didn't do a whole lot today other than house stuff shopping. Groceries, mice, no hubcaps. Why are all the hubcaps so ugly? I just want plain ones! Until I find ones I like, that back tire is simply going to be sans hubcap.


At night while Paul was etching his board, I got to do some upper weights -- the only part that make me crazy was the last set of triceps. I do those last and they always slay me because I'm so tired by that point. Was pretty relaxing though. All I have to think about is counting. Nothing else. For some reason this is soothing.


Progress Prompt:

The size of an airplane seat is always an issue with overweight passengers. Write about your recent airplane ride. Was it a positive or negative experience?


My last air trip was um... Thanksgiving maybe? At least I think it was. We went to see Paul's father in TN. I don't remember a whole lot about it. While overweight, I don't have a problem with airline seats. I fit fine, I buckle up fine. My only complaint is not the seats, but the space between rows because you just can't get a good leg stretch in there. But even that is not a big deal... I book e-tickets and self-check, so I don't have to mess with counter people. I wear sneakers so my feet are comfy, and I wear either a t-shirt with shorts or a t-shirt with fleece pants depending on the season so there is never fussing with zippers, buttons, pockets, etc. I carry a water bottle so I don't get thirsty. Paul and I do the crossword puzzle togehter and that usually takes up a lot of time. Or we play cards or travel scrabble. We get to where we are going, and that's about it. I make him travel super light, so neither one of us ever sees baggage claim. I truly don't mind flying anywhere -- it's always been painless and very straightforward for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment