Thursday, March 27, 2003

Weigh-In Wednesday:


Portion Distortion

1. True or false: American portion sizes are significantly smaller than portion sizes around the world. What makes you believe that?

No, and I believe that because for the first 17 years of my life I lived in Central America. And while portions could be large, it didn't stop me from going into SHOCK when I saw some person in a US restaurant order a steak that could feed a family of four. Greed figures into portion sizes here.


2. Is a cup of rice (for instance) the visual equivalent of your fist?

Yes.



3. What's one way you can make smaller portions seem like hearty portions?

Use smaller dishes? Take advantage of veggies being low cal and eat more of them? Add some healthy fat to cooking? Lots of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment