Monday, March 10, 2003

Progress Prompt:


You have a lot to be grateful for as you lose weight, become active and feel good about yourself. Write a gratitude journal entry.


This is going to be hard. Not because I'm not grateful because getting me to stop will be interesting... every day I'm grateful for a lot of big and little things. I'm grateful our parents are alive... I'm grateful my toothpaste does not make me gag. I'm grateful my 8 year old car is still holding up and I'm grateful I've never been a victim of any kind of major crime. Maybe I'll just do the top three?


1) Paul. Of course he's going to be my number one. He's my number one for everything. At the risk of sounding unhealthily obsessed with the man, he's everything I ever wanted in a life companion. He's the center of my universe and what centers me. He's the apple of my eye -- and whatever other corny expression you can think of. Those are all him. I feel privileged to know him and I feel ridiculously thrilled at the thought of being his wife. Ten years later and he still excites me and he still makes me laugh. We spent one hour on Sunday after waking up just laying in bed talking silly at each other. Making up rhymes and making up crazy stories and tickling not much else.


2) A nice home and a comfortable life. I live in Suburbia Generica and I lead a very calm, middle-class, existence. I can't tell you how much this makes me happy. The same things happen in my life that happen to everyone else -- mowing lawns, paying bills, worrying about the air conditioner, spaghetti once a week. We have iguanas rather than the family dog, but hey, so what? The point is that it is HOME.


3)We're not ill and we're reasonably healthy. Ok, so we both have a cold right now, and I have issues with my thyroid and PCOS stuff going on. But none of these things is lessening the quality of my life. We can do whatever we feel like doing when we feel like doing it.


There. I stuck to three. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment