Sunday, February 23, 2003


  • What: walk in park

  • Distance: 3 miles

  • Time: 65 minutes

  • Average Speed: 3.3 mph

  • Average Heart Rate:

  • Steps:7535

  • Calories Burned: 410



I've been rereading all these books I've got on walking/running trying to decide how to approach the Disney half marathon. Before it was easy -- I had no other goal than simple completion. But having been there and done that, I want more. I want to complete it... but faster. So now I'm not quite sure what to choose as a training schedule and I flap about trying to make heads or tails of it. In the meanwhile, I stuck a lime green post-it to my monitor with a base miles plan and I'm going to stick with that for the next few months while I try to decide a) when I start a training schedule to build miles and speed and b) what that schedule will be.


Paul and I went for a walk in the park this evening and it was nice and cool. We were talking about what he wants to make as a new level for Return to Castle Wolfenstein now that he downloaded the editor. I had a little bit of a twinge in my ankle but it seems better so I had nice walk with no pain. He said he wants to have his levels have some historical basis so he's been digging around his map/history books to get ideas. He explained several possible missions to me and when he was explaining them they made sense but now that we're done walking and he's in the other room all I can remember that he said was something about blowing up train lines being easy because you just had to destroy track any place in the line, something about Norway and then something else about taking out power plants. He's finished the whole game without any cheats and I still can't play it!


I'm just going to have to play it in "God mode" for a few levels so I can learn what buttons controls what. I get into three rooms on the first level and by then I'm dead because I get confused in between switching from the knife and the pistol when I run out of ammo and by then some guard comes and nails me. I just have to be un-killable for a while until I get the hang of it and THEN I can try going through the levels with no cheats. It hink it took Paul somethign like 10 hours of cumulative game time to finish all the missions. Isn't it too bad games like that aren't attached to a treadmill? So when you are walking around in the Castle you really are walking?

No comments:

Post a Comment