Monday, September 29, 2003

Random thoughts while I wake up enough and wait my hour after Levoxyl so I can eat breakfast.


Very tired yesterday after doing the mall (again, no pedometer. What's the matter with me? Why don't I just stick that sucker ON?!) but we got all the birthday shopping done for his brother and sister.


Paul asked me if I thought it was a girl or a boy and lately I've been thinking girl. He'd been thinking girl almost the whole time while I was flip flopping. I don't know how much of an influence his guess is on mine, but we'll know by Thanksgiving. Deborah, Paul's coworker finds out this month at their ultrasound appt and they are 4 weeks behind us calendar wise. Paul told me it was kind of funny they got pregnant after but are finding out sooner. But that's just they way things went -- the 12 week one we had was a wee bit too early and Cletus-the-fetus wasn't showing his/her goodies even once. So no chance to find out then.


Mom called and said: How's my baby?


Me: Which one do you mean? Me? Karen? Or my pregnancy?


Mom: Not YOU. I don't want to talk about you. My baby! How is it?


Paul and I both found this very amusing -- my mom is getting some serious grandma urges.


I've got two places to check for prenatal yoga classes, and 5 or 6 for prenatal massage. So some time this week I need to figure that out. I've got 4 for doulas, but I want to wait til I next see my OB to see if they have a list of doulas they work with before I get all involved with that.


I'm not big on a lot of group classes but I miss water aerobics and I need something geared toward pregnancy.


Paul asked me how I was feeling yesterday when we were in the car on the way to the mall and I told him better re: my cold but overall still grumpy that so far everythign has been a lie. Morning sickness, while it did improve, did NOT end with first trimester, and here I am closing in on the end of 2nd trimester and I'm still struggling with fatigue. Where's the mthical energy burst I was supposed to have?


Cletus and I have been playing hide-and-go-seek a lot. I've gotten to feel him outside my body 3 times so far. Unfortunately he quits bopping around whenever Paul tries to feel. Had anew swoshy feeling recently -- I'm assuming that's rolling over. It just felt different than the usual boppy feeling associate with kicks or punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment