Sunday, November 02, 2003

Spent most of Sat. with my BIL and the nieces. Greg wanted to check out photo shops in the area and the kids came along just because. Paul and I had a good time tagging along and offering suggestions. Greg starting to get into photography and is trying to set up a darkroom in his garage so we're lending him a lot of my supplies and things to help defray his start-up costs since I'm not going to get to play with that stuff for a while between pregnancy, breastfeeding, and early baby care.


After being dragged to all these (to them) boring stores we took the kids to the playground to blow off steam and they seemed happier.


I remember going to the bathroom with Sarah twice to help her with a particularly hard button on her shorts and to lift her high enough so she could wash her hands in the sink. She was sitting there on the potty babbling away at me while I was sitting on the edge of the tub waiting to help her fasten her pants when it suddenly occured to me to wonder -- how many years of sitting on the edge of the tub do I have ahead supervising a baby/toddler on the toilet?


We took a nap after they left before heading out to dinner. At dinner I mentiond to Paul that while I look forward to having kids, there's still a little part of me that feels like our couple-only days are on countdown and I'm really going to miss the QUIET. I'm glad we waited a while before having kids -- gave ourselves enough time to be alone with just each other. It's helped make for a stronger marriage.


My hips still hurt when I get up in the morning and I've noticed more breathing struggles and more waddling. This baby is getting uncomfortably big.

No comments:

Post a Comment