Thursday, July 03, 2003

From a pregnancy newsletter I get weekly:


"You may continue feeling some morning sickness, dizziness and fatigue but they should all be lessening. "


Yeah, right. Try worsening! The sheer violence with which I throw up always surprises me. I don't know what it is about the early AM but from midnight to 6 AM I dread, dread that pukey feeling coming at me. It's just awful -- my eyes bug out, my body is tense, the taste is terible, I pee my pants, I swear I'm going to burst a vessel somewhere, I can't breathe. Just ugh, ugh, ugh. Now I have to take a shower, brush my teeth, gargle and change clothes to feel sane.


At least I make it to the toilet -- I've yet had it happen to me and NOT made it to the bathroom. I don't think I could cope if I had to first puke and then clean it all up off the floor. Ew. Poor Paul -- running after me trying to bring me water or a towel or anything at all to make it better... I know he feels bad for me.


I didn't go to the pharmacy today because I felt so bad I couldn't deal with the drive but tomorrow no matter how gross I feel I have to go so I can get my nausea prescription. I'm 9 weeks today... first trimester can't end soon enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment