Monday, January 27, 2003


  • What: walk in park

  • Distance: 1.9 miles

  • Time: 30 minutes

  • Speed: 4. 0 mph

  • Average Heart Rate: n/a

  • Steps: 3721

  • Calories Burned: 219



I stink, my hair is all crazy and my nose is running from both that lingering cold thing and the cold air. But overall I feel pretty good. I had a nice afternoon walk over at the park. I wasn't as prepared as I'd like -- I didn't stretch and I forgot my heart rate monitor. I almost forgot my shades but I remembered just in time. Forgetting the HRM wasn't so bad but not stretching made it a bit annoying because I got calf cramps. It was basically fly out the door, now! Now! Beat the sunset! Now!


The pleasant surprise was that I wasn't trying to walk fast or do anything interesting like fartleks or really do anything more than walk out there, get the walk DONE and come back in day light and sulk about my horrible hair frizz and winter daylight.


But it's looking like my baseline walk is 4 mph on the road. Which is already at the Disney minimum. Whee!


Running is still out of the question though. I've already tried it and while I can get to 5 mph pretty easily, it is MURDER on my knees. For days after experimenting on the treadmill with running my knee joints were twinging and groaning at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment