Tuesday, January 28, 2003

I'm not ready to jump into a training schedule for a half marathon. I'm still
waiting for March to roll around so I can sign up for the race!

Right now
I'm just trying to get back into the habit of walking. I've got IditaWalk coming
up so that's a nice incentive that will get me to sign-up day. But I'm still thinking
about the general goal for each walk.

Powerwalking.com suggested this:

  • 1
    fast walk ( try to beat your time from the prior week )
  • 1 walk on a route
    with at least 1 good hill
  • 2 walks at regular pace
  • 1 walk – longer
    than the others – maybe on the weekend or on a good weather day

What
would that mean to me?

  • 1 fast walk -- Monday at the park
  • 1
    walk on a route with at least 1 good hill: Tuesday at home on the treadmill doing
    intervals
  • 2 walks at regular pace -- either the park or the treadmill.
    Maybe one of each. Wed. and Thurs.
  • 1 walk – longer than the others --
    Friday at the park 2x the normal route.

I'll talk to Adrith later
and see what her schedules are going to be. I need to read our old training archives
to remember what it is we did the first time around. I felt pretty well prepared
that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment