Wednesday, February 04, 2004

We are all home -- including baby Julia. Thanks everyone for your emails, calls, comments, and all around good wishes! :)

Mommy and Daddy are wiped out so no deep details tonight.

She was born 1/31 at 10:12 PM by emergency C-sect after 20? hours of labor.

I'd gotten to 100% effaced and 7 cm dilated when it was decided I was too tired, not progressing further, and the baby was in possible distress. However up to that point we did great with as natural a labor possible apart from being induced. While a bit disappointed I didn't get to deliver her how I wanted, I'm happy we gave it a good try. Paul was lovely and supportive the whole way through. Our doula was great.

Julia was 20.75 inches long and 9 lbs, 5 oz. at birth. She has a full head of hair and we've posted one photo:



We're off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment