Friday, May 02, 2003

Mom loved her pecan bread and then went on a mad recipe hunt because the next one she wants me to try is some raisin and cheese bread she always wanted but never made. Her recipe collection is incredible -- all these photocopies from periodicals bound into a book. Dad harumphed at being my guinea pig but then got into a fight with Mom over who was going to have the next slice on the plate. Sooner or later I'm going to hit upon the perfect Christmas bread for food gifting this year. I just have to keep trying.


I got e-mail from the Disney marathon people... I'm going to have to check hotels some time in the next few months. But I need to tidy up the house and get laundry together if we're going fishing and to the beach...


Weigh-In Wednesday: What have you started enjoying in your quest to lose weight or get in shape?


Being a bit more active and eating better.


Both are HUGE changes for me since I've always tended to live in my head and not really care about anything else. I wasn't especially active in my youth and I wasn't especially mindful of healthy eating either. After 14, I never exercised since PE was no longer required and even when it was required, I wasn't exactly a star. I got B's in PE for making an effort and participating, but I certainly didn't make A's for exceling in games! My breakfast and lunch of those years consisted of a cold pepsi for breakfast and a bag of M&Ms at lunch and all the coffee I could swipe from Mrs. White's office.


These days? I know I'm certainly better about exercise when I'm looking at racing in January, but in the off times I still try to do something a few times a week. My interest waxes and wanes but overall it's def. better than before. On the food front I also make more of an effort. Don't doubt that I'm sincere either -- I've gone months and months with nary a change in my shape or weight but I still kept up with trying to be active and eat healthy. I had to like doing it to keep it up then otherwise I would have thrown in the towel and given it up.

I have to confess though -- I love, love, love seeing pounds drop off again without changing any of my habits. I knew I was doing the right things. I knew being patient was going to pay off eventually. Six weeks since my check-up with Dr. Hall and I'm 5 lbs lighter!


Seriously, I think I could have kissed him when he told me my thyroid levels were normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment